Monday, March 10, 2008

The luckiest girl

There are several reasons why I am a lucky or blessed girl. I have everything I need and want, an amazing family, awesome friends, a great job, a place to live, several opportunities... I could go on forever probably, but I want to take this time to tell you how lucky I am to have found a guy that defines love for me in a whole new way. I have said "i love you" to my family, friends and two other guys that I thought I loved and I'm sure I did at one point, but not the love that God intended me to have for the rest of my life.

Landon entered my life when I was least expecting it. Getting out of a serious, long relationship with some baggage, I wasn't looking to jump into anything else anytime soon. I had known him for a while after meeting him my first week of my freshman year. He was the hot upper classman that I flirted with from time to time, but God wasn't ready for me to be with him just yet. I think he wanted me to experience life a little more and learn some more lessons. He's pretty smart, because without that, I don't think I would appreciate the person he is as much as I do now.

After much talking back and forth and knowing he was interested in me, we finally went on our first date. I found out later that he cut his vacation time short just to have the opportunity to take me out. How sweet! I remember sitting in the theatre of the movie he took me to thinking, am I really ready to start all over again...and apparently I was.

It has been seven months now that we have been together and it has flown by. I have enjoyed every second I have spent with him and seeing how our relationship has grown and changed. We have both been through alot in our pasts that has helped us love and appreciate each other that much more. He is so much fun to be with and a perfect balance to my personality. I could not thank God enough for putting him in my life. I can hardly wait to see what the future holds for us.

Sorry if that was a little long. He is one of my favorite subjects to talk about. Lol!

2 comments:

Neena said...

I loved that blog. It was so sweet. I'm glad you found someone that you love so much.

Anonymous said...

Now that I know that this is a very private blog I will be sure to comment more. That is an incredible description of someone in love who had the patience through some tough times to trust God and not try to take control of her life back from God. Thank you for trusting your own judgement and having the strength to stand up to relationships that didn't meet your high expectations. Way to go girl. So now you have a wonderful relationship that God was planning for you all alone because you waited on the Lord and now your strength has been renewed and you are soaring like eagles. God is so good. Praise Him because He can do anything!
love you
daddy