Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Here's to Brodee

For those of you who don't know, Brodee is my adorable new baby nephew. He is the cutest baby I have ever seen and I am not biased at all. It was so fun to see him smile, make little noises and roll over. I think the rolling over part was my favorite because he would roll onto his tummy and then get stuck there. I'm not sure if I will make that great of a mom because I just laughed when he was crying to turn back over. It was the cutest thing, but I felt kinda bad. He also loved to look at Landon which was cute. We had fun spending time with him, Neena and Josh of course. We got to go to alot of fun restaurants, shop, and go to their new church. Everyone seemed really nice and I think it will be a great place for Josh, Neena and Brodee.

Friday night when we were there, Josh let me go into Brodee's room to watch him sleep. It was probably the most precious thing I had ever seen. Later when I was laying in bed, I started thinking about this cute little boy that has entered my life. It is crazy to think that Neena and Josh have a baby now, but let me just say that they are both doing a wonderful job at being parents. Who would have thought that Neena, the one who was scared of babies, would be such a great mom, but she is AMAZING! I love watching her with Brodee and how much she loves him and how he knows that is his mommy. There is such a sweet connection between a mom and her child.

I also thought about him growing up and the several stages he will go through. From walking and talking, to elementray school, being scared of girls, the awkward middle school years, playing sports, high school and him being the stud that I know he will grow up to be (look at his parents!), dating, and college. I am so excited to see him on this journey and I hope I can be a positive influence in his life and of course the cool aunt. The one that lets him do things his parents won't.

I love you Brodee and pray for you daily. God has blessed you with tons of people that love you so much already. I pray that your life is filled with excitement and adventure, but that you always keep God first. I miss you and can't wait to see that beautiful smile!

1 comment:

Neena said...

You made me cry!! I loved your post. I was so glad that you got to see him and fall in love with him. He is just to precious. I love you and thank you for the words about my Brodee boy.