Friday, March 28, 2008

Countdown til Graduation: 4 weeks!!!

I can not believe my college career will be over in four short weeks. It has gone by so incredible fast and I honestly don't want it to end. I love my apartment, I love my roommates that have become my family, I love college life and I know I'm going to miss it all so much. I'm trying to take in every minute I can, but I might fall apart if I do that. I have 5 big projects to do in these next four weeks so I'm struggling to let go of all the social stuff to get my school work done. Classes have always gotten in the way of my social life, but somehow I manage.

One of the biggest projects I am working on to graduate with honors is on the Patriot Act. My thesis is "Has the war on terrorism become a war on our civil liberities?" What are your thoughts? It has been quite interesting as I have done my research. I have learned alot that I was not aware of and I'm not sure alot of people are. It is surprising how much power the government actually has and how little we know. Kinda scary!!!

Last week was our spring break and I went with a group of 17 to Chicago. We had so much fun and it was a great experience. All of us grew closer together like a family since we had to share a small apartment with only one bathroom. That was really interesting. We got to see and experience alot of neat things like the green river for St. Patricks, Obama's church on Palm Sunday, a minninite community and alot of South Chicago. I have tons of stories, but you can ask me about them if you really want to know. I am going to miss opportunities like that, because when you are grown up you don't get to go on trips like that, much less have a spring break.

I guess that is about all for now. Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

Neena said...

Thanks for the post and I hope your projects get done. Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about your life and the stress of wrapping up your college life with all the school work you have. It will all get done and you will end well, just one hour at a time. I do want to hear your stories but it may be summer before we have the time to hear them all. :) love you, dad